The UV Box – Mobile Device Disinfection: Because Hand Hygiene Doesn’t Stop with Your Hands Anymore
The UV Box–was developed specifically to target mobile, handheld devices that are known agents of cross-contamination in Hospitals and other healthcare facilities. The contaminants spread on these devices threaten clinicians, patients, families and visitors with debilitating and deadly Surgical Site and Hospital Associated Infections (SSIs and HAIs).
These devices including cell phones, tablets, handheld computers/bar code scanners, TV remotes and personal items from eye glasses to car keys, are not successfully treated by traditional and high-tech disinfection processes due to their frequent handling and mobile nature. In fact, these very factors tend to undermine a hospital’s most stringent hand hygiene protocols and policies.
Directly addressing this problem and a key component of any hospital’s Hand Hygiene Bundle, The UV Box has been independently proven by an FDA consulting lab to disinfect 99.995% of the most difficult to treat contaminants, including C. diff and MRSA, and 99.999% of Norovirus, all in less than 60 seconds.
According to Psihas, the success of The UV Box is attributable to several, integrated factors including:
- Effectiveness – Up to 4.5 Log, 99.99% disinfection rate for C. diff spores according to an independent FDA consulting lab protocol and testing; Additional testing with a second independent lab yielded up to a 5.25 Log, 99.999% disinfection rate for norovirus
- Speed & Ease of Use – One-button simplicity: No learning curve
- Durability – No moving parts + aluminum casing to protect the UV chamber
- Safety – Since all UV energy is contained, AUVS’ Germicidal Enclosures can be used safely, even in occupied rooms and public areas.
- Environmentally Friendly – The UV Box use no consumables and create no waste, saving money and reducing the environmental impact as compared with purchasing and disposing tens of thousands of germicidal wipes.
- Protection of Expensive Equipment – The UV Box will not harm expensive phones and other devices, particularly those with LCD screens, the way bleach-based wipes can.
- ROI – The UV Box have been shown to pay for themselves in a matter of months based on reduced use of germicidal wipes and disposable devices.
AUVS Germicidal Enclosures are Designed & Made in the USA.
180+ Hospitals / Hospital Groups Fight Back Against All Infections with The UV Box
More than 180 hospitals and hospital groups have selected The UV Box from Advanced Ultra-Violet Systems to disinfect personal phones, facility-issued smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices as well as eyeglasses and goggles.
AUVS Germicidal Enclosures are Designed & Made in the USA. Available in British Columbia through BCSurgitech
|Overall Dimensions||10”H x 10”D x 20”W|
|Interior Dimensions||3.5”H x 8”D x 15.5”W|
|Power||110 V, AC|
|Bulb LIfe||10 years with heavy use|